All Our Shed Plans Feature:
- FREE – How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase.
- Cost Effective – Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From – Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now – Instant download – The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List – Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 5×12 storage shed plans include:
- 5′-10″ + Overall Height – This makes the shed compliant with codes or homeowners restrictions that only allow 6′ height of shed.
- Multiple Door Options – Plans to build the door(s) on any of the walls are included.
- 2 Foundations – Pressure treated wood joists sit directly on a bed of gravel or the walls can be framed on a concrete slab. The concrete slab option will make the shed about 6 inches shorter.
5×12 Short Shed Plans Door Options
5×12 Lean To Shed Floor Plan
5×12 Lean To Shed Plans Include The Following
- Foundation: Wood Joists on Gravel bed or Concrete slab.
- Floor: 2×6 treated floor joists with 3/4″ floor sheathing.
- Walls Framing: 2×4 framing at 16″ on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed.
- Wall Height: The shed front wall height is 4′-2″ above the floor level for the short wall and 4′-111/2″ for the taller wall
- Door: 3′-10-1/2″ x 3′-10-1/2″ doors are built using sandwich construction for strength and durability. Plans are provided to build the door on the end of the shed or two doors on the front of the shed. Our door plan shows you how to build a shed door that will outlive the shed. The shed door is built using a 2×4 inner frame faced on the inside with 1/2″ O.S.B. and on the outside there is a layer of T-111 to match the rest of the shed. We use 3 hinges on the doors and the screws go into the inner 2×4 frame of the door to give extra strength.
- Siding: T-111 exterior siding. Other sidings such as vinyl may be used.
- Roof = The roof is framed using 2×4’s to build the rafters. It is sheeted with 7/16″ O.S.B. The plans give you the dimensions and cut angles so you can build the roof rafters on the ground and then put them up on the top plates.
- Roof Pitch: 4/12, this means that for every 4 inches of rise there is 12 inches of run horizontally.
- Roof Overhang: 4″ on the front and back. 1″ on the sides.
- Roofing = Asphalt roll roofing is specified for the low slope roof. Any low slope roofing may be used. Check with your local roofing supplier for suggestions for low slope roof applications.
- Trim = 1×4 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves, facia, and door.