All Our Shed Plans Feature:
- FREE – How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase.
- Cost Effective – Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From – Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now – Instant download – The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List – Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 4×8 storage shed plans include:
- 6′-5″ wall height – This is the most cost effective wall height because it saves on material and allows the home built shed door to be on the front or back walls.
- Home Built Doors – 5′-6″ wide home built double doors.
- 5 Foundations – Skid, concrete slab, poured concrete pier, concrete block pier, precast pier.
4×8 Lean To Shed Floor Plan
4×8 Lean To Shed Plans Elevations
Sample of our 4×8 storage shed plans:
4×8 Lean To Shed Built in Boulder Colorado
4×8 Lean To Storage Shed Plans Include The Following
These are the basic materials used to build the 4×8 lean to shed. Materials such as vinyl siding be substituted to change the look or functionality of the shed but may increase the cost.
Foundation And Floor Framing Plan.
Foundation = 4 different foundations are included in the plans; Wood skid, Concrete slab, Concrete Pier, Precast pier. The main foundation plan for our 4×8 lean to storage shed is built using 6×6 pressure treated skids. These boards keep the floor off the ground and make the shed easier to move if necessary. There are also plans included that show how to build a Pre-Cast Pier Foundation, Slab Foundation and Building Section, Concrete Pier Foundation Plan and Section and Isometric, Concrete Pier Floor Framing Plan
Floor = 2×6 floor joists with 3/4″ floor sheathing.
Wall Framing Plans
Walls = 2×4 framing at 16″ on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed. The shed wall height is 6′-4″ for the short wall and 7′-6 3/4″ for the taller wall. This wall height keeps costs down and construction simple by allowing single pieces of 4×8 siding to be used along the exterior walls without hoorizontal joints. The shed walls are framed using 2×4 lumber at 16″ on center for the studs and top and bottom plates. They are sheeted with T-111 exterior siding. You can add other sidings such as stucco or stone to match your home if you like.
Door = The double 2′-9″ x 5′-9″ doors are built using sandwich construction for strength and durability. The 4×8 lean to shed has 2 doors. Since the door is the only moving part on the shed it needs to be built strong. Our door plan shows you how to build a shed door that will outlive the shed. The shed door is built using a 2×4 inner frame faced on the inside with 1/2″ O.S.B. and on the outside there is a layer of T-111 to match the rest of the shed. We use 3 hinges on the doors and the screws go into the inner 2×4 frame of the door to give extra strength.
Roof = The roof is framed using 2×4’s to build rafter trusses. It is sheeted with 1/2″ O.S.B. (or 5/8 if you want to make it extra strong.)
Roof Framing Plans
Roofing = 25 year asphalt shingles. The roof is framed using simple 2×4’s at 24″ o.c. to stick frame the rafters. The plans give you the dimensions and cut angles so you can build the roof rafters on the ground and then put them up on the top plates. The roof is sheeted using 1/2″ O.S.B.
Siding = T1-11 siding or similar 4’x8′ wood or cement panel siding is specified but you can use any siding you like.
Trim = 1×3 and 1×6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves and facia, and door.
Exterior Detail Plans
The exterior details are what gives the shed its look. Wood shed plans are typically trimmed with wood, masonite, cement or vinyl trim boards. The details sheet shows where to place the trim boards on the corners, door, roof eves and soffit. The standard trim is 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ and 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ masonite or cement or wood trim boards.4×8 Lean To Storage Shed Plans Built in Kansas!