All Our Traditional Shed Plan Feature:
- FREE – How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase.
- Cost Effective – Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From – Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now – Instant download – The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List – Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 12×16 storage shed plans include:
- 7′-7″ wall height – This wall height allows you to either purchase pre-hung factory built doors or build home built doors.
- Multiple Door Options – The plans are designed for pre hung door and also include construction drawings for home built doors.
- 5 Foundations – Skid, concrete slab, poured concrete pier, concrete block pier, precast pier.
ALTERNATE DOOR PLANS INCLUDED
12×16 Victorian Shed Plans Floor Plan
12×16 Traditional Shed Plans Include The Following:
- Materials List: The 12×16 garden shed plans come with a complete materials list that is broken down by parts of the shed.
- Foundation The shed plans include plans for a wood rail foundation
- Floor: 2×6 floor joists with 3/4″ floor sheathing.
- Walls Framing: 2×4 framing at 16″ on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed.
- Wall Height: The shed wall height is 7′-7″ and you can use 92 5/8″ framing studs which make an 8′-1″ wall if you want a taller wall.
- Door: Home Built Door
- Double End Door Size – 6′-0″ x 6′-8″
- Side Door – 2′-6″ x 6′-8″
- Siding: T-111 exterior siding. Other sidings such as vinyl may be used.
- Roof: The roof is framed using 2×4’s to build the trusses. It is sheeted with 1/2″ O.S.B. The plans give you the dimensions and cut angles so you can build the roof rafters on the ground and then put them up on the top plates.
- Roof Pitch: 10/12, this means that for every 10 inches of rise there is 12 inches of run horizontally.
- Roof Overhang: 10″ on the sides and 10″ on the front and back.
- Roofing: 25 year asphalt shingles
- Trim: 1×4 and 1×6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves and facia, and door.
- Floor Load: 50 pounds per square foot for framed floors. You don’t want your shed floor to feel spongy.
- Roof Snow Load: 40 pounds per square foot. This is more than adequate for most areas. If you live in an area with a high snow load you should check with your local building department for your local snow load. Contact us and we can specify stronger roof framing.
Sample of our 12×16 storage shed plans: