Hip Roof Shed Plans 10×18 Sytle Include:
- 7′-7″ wall height – This wall height allows you to either purchase pre-hung factory built doors or build home built doors.
- Home Built Doors Plans – Easy to understand door building plans are included.
- 6/12 Roof Pitch – The rear and sides are 6 in 12 pitch. NOTE: Building a hip roof may be difficult for builders who have not built one before because of the angles involved. Although the plans do show rafter lengths there are not templates because of the compound cuts that need to be made. The roof framing plan shown below is included with the shed plans.
- Door Options – Comes with plans for the double door on the end or between the shed windows.
- 3 Foundations – Treated wood Skid, Concrete slab, Gravel with treated floor joists.
HipRoof Shed Floor Plans Hip Roof Shed Framing Plan Hip Roof Shed Plans 10×18 Example
Plans Specifications Overview
- Materials List: Use the included materials list to get pricing and to simplify the ordering of materials.
- 3 Foundations: There are 3 different foundations are included in the plans; 4×6 Wood skid, Concrete slab, Treated Floor Joists on Gravel Bed.
- Floor: 2×8 floor joists at 16″ on center with 3/4″ floor sheathing or 2×6 Treated lumber.
- Walls: 2×4 framing at 16″ on center with a double top plate and O.S.B. sheeting, just like a home is framed.
- Door: The end double utility door is 5′ wide and 6′-8″ tall. The front door is 2’6″ x 6′-8″ tall. The plans come with plans for home made doors or you can purchase pre-hung doors.
- Window: The 2030 windows are a common vinyl framed single hung window.
- Roof: The roof is framed using 2×4’s to build rafter trusses. The pitch is 10/12.
- Roofing: The shed roofing is 25 year asphalt shingles.
- Siding: Rough plywood siding with 1×2 battens to give the shed an authentic board and batten look. Other sidings may be used.
- Trim: 1×6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the roof eves and facia. Corner, door and window trims vary depending on siding type used.