All Our Shed Plans Feature:
- FREE – How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase.
- Cost Effective – Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From – Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now – Instant download – The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List – Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 12×8-8×8 Garden shed plans include:
- 7′-7″ wall height – This wall height allows you to either purchase pre-hung factory built doors or build home built doors.
- Home Built Doors Plans – Easy to understand door building plans are included.
- 10/12 Roof Pitch – The steeper roof gives the garden shed its charm.
- Trellis Plans – Add the simple trellis to create a porch area and doll up the entry.
10×8-6×8 Garden Shed Plans Floor Plan
10×8-6×8 Garden Shed Plans Include The Following:
- Alternalte Options: There are seperate home built door plans so you can build your own door or use a pre built, pre-hung factory build door that is easy to install.
- Materials List: Use the included materials list to get pricing and to simplify the ordering of materials.
- Foundations: Wood skid, Concrete slab
- Floor: 2×6 floor joists at 16″ on center with 3/4″ floor sheathing.
- Walls Framing: 2×4 framing at 16″ on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed.
- Wall Height: The shed wall height is 7′-7″.
- Doors: Our garden shed gives you the option of building your doors or purchasing factory built pre hung doors. The single door is a 2668 door and the double doors are a 5068 set of doors.
- Windows: The plans call for 2020 awning windows (2′-0″ x 2′-0″) and 2030 windows. These are a standard window size that can be ordered from any window company.
- Siding: Textured Plywood siding with 1-1/2″ battens at 12″ on center are shown on the plans. You may add or substitute other sidings such as cedar shingles or horizontal lap siding.
- Roof: The roof is framed using 2×4’s to build the trusses. It is sheeted with 1/2″ O.S.B. The plans give you the dimensions and cut angles so you can build the roof rafters on the ground and then put them up on the top plates.
- Roof Pitch: 10/12, this means that for every 10 inches of rise there is 12 inches of run horizontally.
- Roof Overhang: 4″ on the front and back. 1″ on the gable ends.
- Roofing = 25 year asphalt shingles. This may be substituted with other roofing materials.
- Trim = 1×3 and 1×6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves, facia, and door.
- Floor Load: 50 pounds per square foot for framed floors. You don’t want your shed floor to feel spongy.
- Roof Snow Load: 40 pounds per square foot. This is more than adequate for most areas. If you live in an area with a high snow load you should check with your local building department for your local snow load. Contact us and we can specify stronger roof framing.