All Our Shed Plans Feature:
- FREE – How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase.
- Cost Effective – Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From – Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now – Instant download – The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List – Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 4×6 storage shed plans include:
- 5′-8″ wall height – The shorter wall is 4′-5″.
- Home Built Door – 3′-10 1/2″ wide by 5′-10 1/2″ tall door gives plenty of access to the shed interior.
- Foundation – Wood Skid
- Alternate Door Location Plans: Door on tall wall is 3′-10 1/2″ x 5′- 1 1/2″
4×6 Generator Shed Alternate Door Location
4×6 Generator Shed Plans Include The Following
- Foundation: Wood skid
- Floor: 2×4 Pressure treated floor boards.
- Walls Framing: 2×4 framing at 16″ on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed.
- Wall Height: The shed wall height is 5′-8″ for the short wall and 4′-5″ for the taller wall.
- Door: 3′-10-1/2″ x 3′-10-1/2″ or 3′-10 1/2″ x 5′- 1 1/2″ door built using sandwich construction for strength and durability. Our door plan shows you how to build a shed door that will outlive the shed. The shed door is built using a 2×4 inner frame faced on the inside with 1/2″ O.S.B. or T1-11 and on the outside there is a layer of T1-11 to match the rest of the shed. We use 2 hinges on the doors and the screws go into the inner 2×4 frame of the door to give extra strength.
- Siding: T-111 exterior siding. Other sidings such as vinyl may be used.
- Roof = The roof is framed using 2×4’s to build the rafters. It is sheeted with 1/2″ O.S.B. The plans give you the dimensions and cut angles so you can build the roof rafters on the ground and then put them up on the top plates.
- Roof Pitch: 4/12, this means that for every 4 inches of rise there is 12 inches of run horizontally.
- Roof Overhang: 4″ on the front and back. 1″ on the sides.
- Roofing = 25 year asphalt shingles.
- Trim = 1×4 and 1×6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves, facia, and door.