All Our Shed Plans Feature:
- FREE – How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase. Note: How to manual does not inclued instructions on building with chain link fencing.
- Cost Effective – Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From – Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now – Instant download – The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List – Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The Two Stall Dog Kennel Building Plans Include:
- 7′-7″ or 8′-1″ wall height – The 7′-7″ wall height allows a pre-hung factory built door to go on any wall and reduces the amount of siding and labor needed to build the shed. The 8′-1″ wall height lets you use 92-5/8″ framing studs just like a home.
- Factory or Home Built Doors – Using a pre hung door makes the door building and hanging job much easier. The shed plans also include door plans if you prefer to build your own doors.
- Multiple Door Options – Drawings explaining how to build the door on the end or sides of the shed.
- 2 Foundations – Wood Skid or Concrete slab.
8×12 Dog Kennel Floor Plans
Sample of our Dog Kennel building plans:
8×12 Gable Shed Plans Include The Following:
- Materials List:The plans come with a complete materials list that is broken down by parts of the shed. You can download it below.
- Fencing: The fencing is measured and cut to length on site. Contact a local fence supplier or Big Box hardware store for pre made or custom made panels.
- Foundation: Wood skid, Concrete
- Floor: 2×6 floor joists with 3/4″ floor sheathing under the interior. The exterior deck is framed using 5/4 decking
- Walls Framing: 2×4 framing at 16″ on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed.
- Wall Height: The shed wall height is 7′-7″ and can also be built with an optional wall height of 8′-1″.
- Door: 2′-0″ x 6′-8″ Factory Built doors on pre hung jamb.
- Siding:T1-11 siding or similar 4’x8′ wood or cement panel siding is specified but you can use any siding you like.
- Roof: The roof is framed using 2×4’s to build the trusses. It is sheeted with 1/2″ O.S.B. The plans give you the dimensions and cut angles so you can build the roof rafters on the ground and then put them up on the top plates.
- Roof Pitch: 6/12, this means that for every 6 inches of rise there is 12 inches of run horizontally.
- Roof Overhang: 10″
- Roofing: 25 year asphalt shingles
- Trim: 1×3 and 1×6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves and facia, and door.
- Floor Load: 50 pounds per square foot for framed floors. You don’t want your shed floor to feel spongy.
- Roof Snow Load: 40 pounds per square foot. This is more than adequate for most areas. If you live in an area with a high snow load you should check with your local building department for your local snow load. Contact us and we can specify stronger roof framing.