All Our Shed Plans Feature:
- Cost Effective – Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From – Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now – Instant download – The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List – Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 4×4 Chicken Coop plans include:
- Chicken Run Plans – The plans show you how to buid the 4’x8′ x 3′ tall chicken run to keep you chickens in a protected area.
- Top Opening Nesting Box – The nesting box is accessed by lifting the hinged lid.
- Plans For Roosting Bar and Chicken Ladder – Even the small details are covered in this complete set of plans.
Chicken Coop Floor Plans
4×4 Chicken Coop With Lean to Roof Plans Include The Following:
- Materials List: Use the included materials list to get pricing and to simplify the ordering of materials.
- Floor: 2×4 floor joists with 3/4″ floor sheathing.
- Walls Framing:The walls are made by connecting two 2×4 boards to form the corners and then installing 1/2″ wall sheeting over them.
- Wall Height: The interior wall heights are 3′ and 3′-8″
- Doors: The doors are made from the same 1/2″ wall board used for the exterior siding.
- Siding: Textured Plywood siding with either a factory groove or site installed battens to give the coop a custom look.
- Roof: The roof is framed using 2×4’s to build the rafters. It is sheeted with 1/2″ O.S.B.
- Roof Pitch: 2/12, this means that for every 2 inches of rise there is 12 inches of run horizontally.
- Roof Overhang: 6″ on all sides.
- Roofing = The chicken coop roof is designed to use corrugated roofing to make it easier to install a sky light in the roof. You can remove the clear opening in the roof and install full sheeting and asphalt shingles if desired.
- Trim = 1×3 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners and door trims.