8’x12′ Traditional Victorial Shed Plans
All Our Shed Plans Feature:
- FREE – How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase.
- Cost Effective – Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From – Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now – Instant download – The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List – Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 8×12 Traditional Victorian storage shed plans include:
- 8′-1″ wall height – This wall height allows you to either purchase pre-hung factory built doors or build home built doors.
- Storage Loft Plans – Plans are included for a built in storage loft that is 8’x8′. It can be made larger if desired.
- Multiple Door Options – The plans are designed for pre hung door and also include construction drawings for home built doors.
- 3 Foundations – Skid, Concrete slab, Treaded floor framing or steel studs sitting directly on crushed gravel bed
8×12 Shed Plans Storage Loft and Building Section
8×12 Victorian Shed Plans Floor Plan
8×12 Traditional Shed Plans Include The Following:
- Materials List: The shed plans come with a complete materials list that is broken down by parts of the shed.
- Foundation The shed plans include plans for a wood rail foundation
- Floor: 2×6 floor joists with 3/4″ floor sheathing.
- Storage Loft Floor: Framed using 2×4 joists at 16″ on center with 5/8″ sheeting.
- Walls Framing: 2×4 framing at 16″ on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed.
- Wall Height: The shed wall height is 8′-1″. They are framed using 92 5/8″ framing studs which make an 8′-1″ tall.
- Door: Home Built Door
- Double End Door Size – 5′-0″ x 6′-8″
- Side Door – 2′-6″ x 6′-8″
- Siding: T-111 exterior siding. Other sidings such as vinyl may be used.
- Roof: The roof is framed using 2×6’s for the rafters. It is sheeted with 1/2″ O.S.B. The plans give you the dimensions and cut angles so you can build the roof rafters on the ground and then put them up on the top plates.
- Roof Pitch: 10/12, this means that for every 10 inches of rise there is 12 inches of run horizontally.
- Roof Overhang: 10″ on the sides and 10″ on the front and back.
- Roofing: 25 year asphalt shingles
- Trim: 1×4 and 1×6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves and facia, and door.
- Floor Load: 50 pounds per square foot for framed floors. You don’t want your shed floor to feel spongy.
- Roof Snow Load: 40 pounds per square foot. This is more than adequate for most areas. If you live in an area with a high snow load you should check with your local building department for your local snow load. Contact us and we can specify stronger roof framing.
Sample of our 8×12 storage shed plans:
FREE Shed Materials List (Click To Download and Print)
About The Author
Find DIY projects, free woodworking plans, and home improvement tips. Build your next project with our easy to follow plans