8’x 8′ Cape Cod Garden Style
All Our Shed Plans Feature:
- FREE – How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase.
- Cost Effective – Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From – Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now – Instant download – The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List – Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 8×8 Cape Cod shed plans include:
- Architectural Details – With the New England charm of steep roofs, board and batten siding and a divided window the 8 x 8 Cape Cod shed with a porch will look good in any back yard.
- 6′-7″ wall height – This wall height allows you to either purchase pre-hung factory built doors or build home built doors.
- Home Built Doors Plans – Easy to understand door building plans are included.
- Alternate Side Door – Plans include details showing how to build the door opening on the side wall of the shed. .
- 5 Foundations – Skid, concrete slab, poured concrete pier, concrete block pier, precast pier.
8×8 Cape Cod Shed Floor Plan
8×8 Cape Cod Style Shed Plans Include The Following:
- Materials List: The 8×8 Cape Cod style garden shed plans come with a complete materials list that is broken down by parts of the shed.
- Foundation: 5 different foundations are included in the plans; Wood skid, Concrete slab, Concrete Block Pier, Pre-cast pier and Poured Concrete Pier
- Floor = 2×6 floor joists at 16″ on center with 3/4″ floor sheathing.
- Walls = 2×4 framing at 16″ on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed. The shed wall height is 6′-7″ but can be made taller by simply using a different wall stud length.
- Door = The 8×8 shed plans include detailed instructions to show you how to build the shed door. The door is built using sandwich construction to give it strength and durability.
- Roof: The roof is framed using 2×4’s to build rafter trusses. The plans include instructions to build the trusses using top and bottom chords and 1/2″ O.S.B. gussets. It is sheeted with 1/2″ O.S.B. (or 5/8 if you want to make it extra strong.) The plans give you the dimensions and cut angles so you can build the roof rafters on the ground and then put them up on the top plates.
- Roof Overhang: 5-1/2″ on the eves and 1″ gable ends.
- Roofing = 25 year asphalt shingles.
- Siding = T1-11 siding or similar 4’x8′ wood or cement panel siding is specified. This can be changed to use any siding you like.
- Trim = 1×3 and 1×6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves and facia, and door.
- Roof Pitch: 10/12, this means that for every 4 inches of rise there is 12 inches of run horizontally.
- Floor Load: 50 pounds per square foot for framed floors.
- Roof Snow Load: 40 pounds per square foot. This is more than adequate for most areas. If you live in an area with a high snow load you should check with your local building department for your local snow load. Contact us and we can specify stronger roof framing.
Sample of the 8×8 Cape Cod shed plans (these are for the 10×12 cape cod
FREE Shed Materials List (Click To Download and Print)
About The Author
Find DIY projects, free woodworking plans, and home improvement tips. Build your next project with our easy to follow plans